Saturday, August 13, 2016

When God answers

Where do I begin?  Well not to make it too long I'll get to the point.
On Friday the 5th 2016 my husband asked me to please pray that God answers him regarding a big decision he wants to make.  He was planning on doing it in two years' time, but the opportunity arose to do it this year (to do with his job/future), but those interested had to fill in the forms before the 10th.  So we prayed, he prayed, I prayed whether this was God's will for him, whether this was the way God wanted us to go now.
So last night I was again praying, reminding God about answering us before the 10th.  After prayer God led me in His word to Ps 143.
Hear my prayer, O Lord;
    listen to my plea!
    Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
I lift my hands to you in prayer.
    I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
    for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
    for I give myself to you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
    on a firm footing.
11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
    Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
Those verses spoke to my heart and especially when I read verse 8, I had this joy rise up in me and I had this 'knowing' that God was going to answer us this morning.  The following is what I wrote in my spiritual journal last night:
(I'm translating because I wrote it in my mother tongue.)
I believe with my whole heart that the Lord is going to answer us because we are asking for His guidance!  We are knowing Him in this big decision we want to make.  We do not want to operate in our flesh, in our own wisdom and understanding because then we can only go wrong.  Therefore He will show us the way forward, the path we are to take.  His good Spirit will lead us on a level road.  I believe He is going to let us know in the morning as to what to do.  We are waiting on you Lord and we know you are a God who is always on time.  Your timing is always perfect.
So this afternoon my husband comes home from work and tells me that he believes the Lord answered him.  He said that another man at work who also needed the same forms (my husband did not even try to fill out the forms because he was waiting on God!), came to get some and he was told there are none in stock!  They have to order it and the deadline has been extended to the 12th!  haha  Do you see it?  How the Lord answered?  No forms for my husband to fill out!  That's a clear cut answer from God that He does not want my husband to do that now.  I knew it wasn't God's will right at this time in our life.  I just knew it.  Oh my goodness, the Lord is so amazing.  How can anyone doubt that this was all His doing. :D  I LOVE YOU MY LORD MY GOD of Abraham, Isaac & Jacob!  Thank you JESUS.  Tomorrow is a public holiday, so today was actually the last day to get an answer from the Lord. :)  See, God's timing, perfect timing...and it was in the morning that He gave His answer.
PraiseHim
This morning the Lord led me in His word to Daniel 6, Daniel in the lions' den.  I learned a lot from that, but what stood out and applied to us was the fact that Daniel trusted in His God and also through all that happened to Daniel, in the end God got all the glory!  Just like here, we trusted in God and here I am giving Him all the glory and He gets it because there is no doubt the way things happened, the way God answered us, was God and only God's doing.  Hallelujah!  Thank you Lord my God!  Blessed be your Holy Name Jesus. ^_^ ♥†♥
So I decided to blog this so that you can be encouraged that when you ask God for an answer, He will surely do so...in His way!  God bless you.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment