Monday, March 2, 2015

When God punishes a nation

God led me in His word these last couple of days, even bringing me back to the same passage in Ezekiel 21...I knew God wanted to show me something, so I read and I re-read and it dawned on me...when God punishes a nation, he punishes both the righteous and the wicked. The Lord's sword comes against everyone when He punishes a nation.
"and say to it: This is what the Lord says: I am against you. I will draw My sword from its sheath and cut off both the righteous and the wicked from you." 
~•Ezekiel 21:3

That's why I believe we should pray fervently for our nations, our leaders.

Abba Yahweh is a merciful God, that is why He relents His punishment when the nation repents of their sin.  God's word tells us to pray for our leaders.  Even if you don't agree with the leader of your country or don't even like him, that does not matter, what matters is that you pray for him.  If the leader of your country is your enemy, Jesus says love them, pray for them, bless them!
Not curse them like I see so many doing online and then I'm speaking about Christians!  Are they not reading the Word of God or are they reading, but ignoring some of the Word of God?

Folks, if we don't love our enemies, we're in trouble.  We can't even love those in our family, how then can we love our enemies?  We seriously need to check our hearts and get right with God.  Pray and ask Him to clean up our hearts and to fill it with His love for all people.  He will do it!
We are to be a LIGHT to this dark world, not part of the darkness.



No comments:

Post a Comment