Friday, September 25, 2015

Giving to God

Let us give our best when we help the poor, the needy. Jesus said if we've done it unto the least of his brethren, we've done it unto Him. Wouldn't we want to give the best food and drink and clothes to Jesus? Let us do likewise to the poor and needy.

Hear this, O ye that swallow up the needy, even to make the poor of the land to fail,
Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
That we may buy the poor for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes; yea, and sell the refuse of the wheat?

~•Amos 8:4-6

And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the Lord my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.
~•2 Samuel 24:24

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
~•Matthew 25:40


No comments:

Post a Comment